“Thank you for the food,
furniture, beds and the house.
Thank you for everything!”
FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
What is Interfaith Coalition?
- 44 diverse congregations coming together to make a difference
- Founded Interfaith Community Health Center in 1982
- Expanded focus to homeless families in 1992
What does the Interfaith Coalition do today?
- Provides 9 (soon 11) units of emergency and transitional housing for homeless families
- Supports healthcare for the uninsured at Interfaith Community Health Center
- Distributes 3,000 coats annually through Whatcom County
- Runs severe weather shelters for people who live on the street
- Brings congregations together to help our most vulnerable neighbors
How does FCCB help Interfaith Coalition?
- Free office space for the agency, until 2015 when Interfaith expanded
- Holiday gifts for homeless families
- Supplies for homeless families
- Partnership with Garden St. Methodist to maintain a house for homeless families
- Perform at annual Choirfest concert
- Financial support – from Mission & Justice Committee… and directly from over 250 FCCB congregants
- Coats for the annual coat drive
- The annual bicycle gift to our auction (and congregants attend and bid!)
Help the Our House campaign turn our single-family Ferndale home into a triplex – so three families at any one time have emergency or transitional housing.
In the words of Kanin, age 11, “Thank you for the food, furniture, beds and the house. Thank you for everything!”
And from a mother: “Words can’t express how grateful I am to you and the folks at the church for giving me the chance to prove I could care for my son.”
And from Ashley, “Thank you for helping us when we were near homeless. It could have been rough with me and my dad living in a tiny Ford Festiva.”