Gatherings for Spiritual Refuge: Five Quick Retreats from Election Tension
Worrying night and day about the election process and election outcomes? Let’s stop for a few minutes and be together 7:00-8:00 p.m. Saturday-Wednesday, October 31-November 4. Hosted by: Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, First Congregational Church, Congregation Beth Israel.
Register here (in advance) for a Zoom link to enter all five gatherings. You may attend all or choose a few:
- Saturday – This Halloween, Don’t be Afraid. Tonight we’ll lighten up and drop our defenses. Bellinghamsters from each of the host congregations will share Halloween music and stories.
- Sunday – Where I Find Refuge. Tonight participants from each congregation may bring a favorite poem to share about stepping away from the storm.
- Monday – Centering Taizé Meditation. Tonight we’ll share gentle chants and calming reflections to help us remain centered.
- Tuesday – Virtual Labyrinth Walk. Tonight will be drop-in time with quiet music and an opportunity to reflect on what grounds us.
- Wednesday – Community Sing-Along. Tonight we will sing to help with the waiting. No teeth gnashing or gloating, but songs of our commitment to peace and aspirations to unity.